Monday, November 14, 2011

Hole Mole (Long Beach) on 4th and Almond

Hello Everybody! I'm back again with another food blog or Flog if you're one of those word combining people! Today I am reviewing Hole Mole in Long Beach on 4th and Almond. Now I have been to all the Hole Mole's with exception to the one in Whittier, but this location is the best for many reasons. It is the largest location with an outdoor patio and large indoor dinning area. The Parking is sufficient, but if the lot is full then you can always find a spot right on 4th to park.

I ordered a shrimp burrito and a bean and cheese burrito. Now most of you are going, "Damn Troy! How can you eat so much?" To answer you, yes I do eat a lot of food which is why I have to work out so much, but I just don't get full on the shrimp burrito alone. The bean and cheese is cheap and a great addition to fill me up. Unless you specifically order a combo everything at Hole Mole is a la carte. So don't expect chips and salsa with every order, you have to order your chips and salsa separately.

Super Duper Positives about Hole Mole:
1. Huge Vegetarian Menu! If you are vegetarian then Hole Mole is the place to eat!
2. Super Cheap Menu! From $.50 cent potato tacos to a bean and cheese burrito for $2.29 everything is a great value at Hole Mole.
3. Tastes Pretty Good! The food here tastes good. Enough Said.

Some Things I Wish They Would Change:
1. Styrofoam Drinking Cups! Come on, seriously? Who uses styrofoam drinking cups for all of their cups? What happened here? Great Vegetarian Menu and Environmental Murderers at the same time.
2. Weird Bathroom at this location. The storage room is in the same room the bathroom is in. When my father in-law asked for Salt, the girl at the counter had to go into the restroom to get the salt. So not appetizing, luckily he didn't care!
3. Salsa is not very good in my Opinion. Yep, great food, weak salsa. . .

The Ratings:
Value: Good Value here. Lots of food for a little money. Clean for the most part and friendly service. 4 Stars.
Food Quality: I really like the food, but the salsa is not very good. 6 seconds.
Category: Fast Casual Mexican 8 out of 10. Really fits it's category. I just wish that they wouldn't store food stuffs in the bathroom closet!

Recap:
Value: 4 Stars (out of 5)
FQ: 6 Seconds (Out of 10)
Category: 8 (out of 10)

I say it's worth trying, just for the awesome retro video games at this location. (Tetris and Ms. Pacman)

Cheers,
Troy@BonVivant

Hole Mole
1327 East 4th StreetLong Beach 
(562) 437-0878

No comments:

Post a Comment