Monday, November 7, 2011

Park Pantry Cafe (Long Beach)

Hello again! What happens when you are so busy that you can't find time to get groceries? Yes, that's right, you run out of food! That the was the situation in our home last week. So, being the awesome husband that I am, I woke my wife up for our daily workout and instead took her to breakfast. We drove down Broadway in Long Beach and stumbled upon the Park Pantry Cafe.

There is no greater competition between my wife and I than that of "Who Loves Breakfast More", so for us it is a real treat when we go out for a sit down breakfast. The atmosphere at the Original Park Pantry is nice, quaint and honestly like Cocoa's. The one unique thing I want to point out is that they have several single booths where there is only one space on each side of the table. We sat down and ordered, 
Natalie: Pull Apart Cinnamon French Toast, Bacon and Eggs
Troy: Biscuits and Gravy with a side of scrambled eggs

The food came out so fast and looked so good that we just dove right in! The drawback to the small booths was that there were several tables that are too close together. A woman was seated next to us and she got on her phone and I felt like she was at our table talking to us. She was so loud that we felt we couldn't talk over her. She finally moved across the restaurant but her voice still carried, thank goodness she finally got off her phone!

My biscuits and gravy were good, the eggs were nothing special and I finished my plate in no time. Throughout the whole meal Natalie kept talking about how amazing her french toast was. I was getting jealous because I did not pick the French toast but after having a bite she couldn't finish (yes I waited until she was full!) I realized I ordered the wrong items! We paid $19 plus tip and left full and satisfied.

Best Natalie Quote: "I wonder how you make pull-a-part Cinnamon French Toast?"

Value: The food portions were good and the service was good. The restaurant was clean and homey which is nice for a breakfast place. The booths might be a little too close together. I don't normally justify paying dinner prices for breakfast foods, but I'll make an exception once and awhile. The Park Pantry is a good exception. I give it 4 Stars.
Food Quality (FQ): My meal was good, not average, but Natalie's Pull-A-Part Cinnamon French Toast was awesome. My mind says to average the Food Quality Score, so I would give my food 6 Seconds and Natalie's Food 9 Seconds (Yes, it was that good!) Let's Go with 7 1/2 Seconds.
Category: Breakfast Cafe. This has all the makings of the perfect Breakfast Cafe, booths, home decor, servers in pastel colors. 9/10. The Only thing missing is an elderly woman baking a pie!

So, log this one in the record books! The food was pretty darn good overall, Value would be better if the food were a little less expensive or if the portions would have been bigger and as far as category, it's one of those places that sets the standard.

Value: 4 Stars (Out of 5)
FQ: 7.5 Seconds (Out of 10 and our highest Score to Date!)
Category: 9/10 (Reminds me of Grandma's Kitchen!)

Cheers!
Troy@BonVivant

The Original Park Pantry
2104 East Broadway, 
Long Beach, CA 90803-5705
(562) 434-0451

No comments:

Post a Comment