Sunday, November 6, 2011

Welcome to the Bon Vivant Blog!

Thank you if you are reading this, the first of the Bon Vivant Blogs. You may be wondering why I started a blog about food. Well, to be honest, I love food. My wife and I love to eat out and try new places. I'm always referring my friends and family to the various places we have tried and always on the lookout for new and exciting restaurants and venues. I want to make sure that this is not just a place for myself or anyone who comments to criticize a restaurant, there are plenty of food critics out there. The intention of this blog is to create an apples to apples comparison of different restaurants based on three major components:
1. Value: Does the restaurants food quality, service, cleanliness and price live up to its reputation and would I recommend that venue to my friends and family.
2. Food Quality: It would not be a food blog if I did not talk about food. My wife helped me develop a rating system that is designed to be in good humor while giving you information on how good the food is. Everyone has heard of the 5-Second Rule. You know the one where if your food has fallen on the ground you are allowed to eat said food if the time on the ground is less than 5 seconds. Our rating system is based off of that rule. I will explain in more detail later.
3. How it rates in it's Category: For example, if the restaurant is an Italian place, how does it stack up against other Italian places.
I hope this lays a good foundation for what's to come!
See you soon!
Troy@BonVivant

No comments:

Post a Comment