Friday, November 18, 2011

Pizza Pi (Long Beach)


Hello once again from inside the mind of your Flogger (Food-Blogger)! I like that, sounds very cruel. I’m going to force these food ratings down upon you with poetic style! Well, maybe not so much, but I hope you enjoy them anyway.
Anyways, I feel like I should apologize for all the Long Beach Restaurants. It’s not that I only eat in Long Beach, but since Natalie and I have just moved in to the neighborhood we have been experimenting with the local cuisine!

After eating at Le Creperie, my dad said he wanted to eat somewhere cheap, where they had pitchers of beer and most importantly the Oregon-Stanford football game. So, I jumped on the ol’ i-phone to find a good pizza place to walk to. I knew about Broadway Pizza on Broadway, but that seems more like a to-go place or a lunch place so I stumbled upon Pizza Pi, which to be honest, I’ve passed a hundred times and never seen. We walked two whole blocks to get there. It was nestled into some Ivy with a nice covering of trees. When we entered it was nearly empty, it was only five pm, and we were very early for dinner. We sat and ordered some beers. They had a good selection and everything was available in pitchers. We first got a pitcher of Allagash White ,which was another Witbier and I was not impressed. It seemed to have a chalky residual taste. I drank my pint and was not happy with that choice at all. While we drank our beer our appetizer came out, the infamous Pizza Skin, which was a pizza with garlic sauce and cheese. It was awesome! So good I could have ordered three more. We finished that and were ready for another picture, but my dad, the number one lover of cheap tasteless beer, wanted a cheap tasteless beer! I suggested Pabst Blue Ribbon and he said that it was too bad to drink. He really confuses me sometimes, so he ordered a pitcher of Bud and I ordered a pint of Stone Brewery’s IPA. Generally I’m not that much of an IPA drinker, but I wanted to try it. For an IPA I found it less biting than some others with a much cleaner taste than say Sierra Nevada. It came out with our pizza, an XL Roasted Garlic with grilled chicken breast, sun dried tomatoes and sage. It was a choice that everyone at the table could enjoy.

We dug in and were soon too full to move. It feed everyone no problem. The game came on and we were all content just to sit and watch for a while. My dad said we could leave and he would stay, but he is directionally challenged and we stayed for a while longer. The service was great.

Give Us Some Ratings Already!
Value: Great value, cheap pizza for huge portions! The beer can get pricey, but they did have $8 pitchers of Bud. If you like Bud you really can’t complain. The atmosphere was a little dingy, but that is kind of what I like about a good pizza joint. Great food and beer selection. 5 Stars!
Food Quality: The food was good. I think if Natalie and I went there alone it would have been much better! When you are trying to compromise between five people who all have very different eating habits it makes it so that no one really enjoys the pie, but we made a great discovery with the Garlic Pizza Skin! Let’s give it a 7 seconds out of 10 with a side note, if we ate there with just the two of us, it would probably be higher than that. I’ll leave room for potential.
Category: Pizza Joint. Checkered table cloths, concrete floors, one big TV, lots of beer selections, kind of dingy. . . 10 out of 10. This is what I want in my pizza joint!

Take us to the Finale!
Value: 5 Stars!
FQ: 7 Seconds (out of 10)
Category: 10 (out of 10)!

Reminds me of my College Days in Baton Rouge! Yummy Pizza for a great price!

Cheers!
Troy@BonVivant

Pizza Pi
649 E. Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90802
562-437-0555



No comments:

Post a Comment