Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Peppercorner (Long Beach)

Good Morning from the Peppercorner! This is the last post from Courtney's Visit and I'm excited that we're at the Peppercorner to eat breakfast before we send her home. If you are a long time Long Beach native then you'll know that this location has changed venues several times. The last time I lived in Long Beach this was the Americana Cafe or something of that ilk. It was okay as the Americana but it is pretty darn good as the Peppercorner. For the sake of the reader I am going to abbreviate Peppercorner to PC.

So, I ordered a veggie burger with fries and a side of biscuits and gravy. I wanted some breakfast, but I also wanted to eat a good veggie burger, so I splurged and ordered both. The food came quick and was good all around: as you can see by my two plates and what was left of Courtney's Bacon and Eggs. They were good too! All in all I really enjoyed the food. 

Let's talk Location. The PC is on a corner which makes its name cheeky. The wait staff is generally nice, but they don't really make you feel welcome, or wanted. They keep to themselves mostly. They have one big TV and it was on NFL pregame which is a bonus for me. The patio is nice and some people bring their dogs and they sit with them on the patio while they eat breakfast. The music was also pretty good. Seemed like something I might have picked from Pandora.

Da' Ratings!
Value: Cost to Portions was awesome. Clean, friendly (but not overly). Great Patio, but no real vibe inside besides lots of pepper shakers painted and put on mini shelves (they must really love pepper!) I give it 4 Stars.
Food Quality: It's hearty! Not supper flavorful, but I enjoy bland food sometimes. They get American Breakfast right on. The veggie burger is good too, so I can say good breakfast and lunch. Good food for good prices, right on point. 7 Seconds.
Category: American Cafe: Seems a little too big to be called a cafe. When I think Cafe I think intimate and small, PC has lots of room and a huge outdoor patio. The food is "dinner", not so much cafe. if you called this a dinner you would be more accurate. The artsy Pepper Shakers are trying to be cafe so that's where I'm going to rank it. Clean, friendly service and decent food. 7 out of 10.

The Round Up!
Value: 4 Stars (Out of five)
FQ: 7 Seconds (Out of Ten)
Category: 7 (out of 10)

Worth s try if you want some comfort food!

Cheers!
Troy@BonVivant

The Peppercorner
601 E Broadway
Long BeachCA 90802
(562) 435-4030

No comments:

Post a Comment